Understanding Workers' Compensation
In this comprehensive audio/video guide you will learn:
- Workers’ Compensation Basics
- Workers’ Compensation: 10 Must-Ask Questions
- After the Injury: What’s and Employee to Do?
- Workers’ Comp Overview
- State and Private Programs
- Employee / Employer Rights
- Denied or Disputed Claims
- Self-employed Workers’ Comp
- Ghost Policies
- Pay as you Go vs. Traditional Workers’ Comp
- Which Injuries Qualify for Coverage?
- When FMLA, ADA and WC Collide
- Risk Management
- Developing Solid WC Policies and Procedures
- And more…
Workers’ Comp fraud perpetrated by employees is always a risk, especially in larger businesses. Workers who perform the riskier duties may see a hole in the program at work and take the opportunity to capitalize on the situation. Owners and managers will be powerless to defend themselves, especially since the courts hold that “ignorance of the law is no excuse”.
Andere Keys…Understanding Workers’ Compensation: An Employer’s Guide to Success also provides you with these helpful tools and information.
- Program contact information by state with links to forms
- ADA, FMLA, WC Intersection Tables
- Workers’ Comp Audit Checklist
- Workers’ Comp Injury Checklist
- FECA Injured Workers’ Checklist
- Employer’s WC Claim Management Checklist
- Policy and Procedure Samples
- Workers’ Comp or Not?: Helpful Scenarios
- WC FAQs for employers and employees
- List of more WC Informational Resources